For nearly 30 years, Haywood EMC has helped light up learning in K-12 classrooms in WNC through the Bright Ideas education grant program. N.C. teachers with innovative ideas for creative learning projects can submit an online application April through September of each year.
Approximately 600 grants are awarded annually throughout the state by NC's electric cooperatives for projects that improve classroom instruction and utilize innovative teaching methods. Applications are accepted from teachers in a variety of disciplines including music, art, history, reading, science, technology, math and engineering, just to name a few, and educators may apply as individuals or as a team.
To be considered for a grant, the proposed project must meet the following criteria:
- Be reviewed and approved by your principal or supervisor
- Directly involve and provide ongoing benefits to students
- Seek to achieve clearly defined goals and learning objectives
- Use innovative and creative teaching methods
- Feature measurable results that can be evaluated upon completion
- Cannot be used for salaries or professional development
This year's application deadline is Sept. 15th. To apply for the Bright Ideas Education Grants, visit the application portal at https://ncbrightideas.com/Login.aspx